Friday 16 January 2015

We've made it to June!

So here we are, the 2nd post of this 5 post in a row craziness. I am watching the day after tomorrow and listening to the howling that is the evening wind while writing this and all I can think is, thank god I'm not walking the coast right now. Sucks to be you Dad ;).

1st June 2014 - "scramble" to St Ives and on.

Dad wrote a lovely piece on this day so I have decided not to edit any of it out. 

"Not a good day today, lost my beanie, glos rugby shirt, felt quite depressed all day (too much thinking) oh! And the lcd broke on my camera. I was parched when I eventually came across a stream and then had to wait 30 mins until purifying tablets had done their job. Ended up walking to a campsite that doesn't exist anymore! Luckily a nice farmer let me pitch up in his field in a place called laity. Turns out he was from Swindon originally. Going to turn in early tomorrow. Want to try and get to portreath tomorrow."

I wanted you all to read this unedited entry of dads diary because I thought that you might appreciate being able to see the way he writes. Also I think it is important to highlight the days where he is having a bad day and some stranger makes it much more manageable.




It seems to me that people sometimes view those with disabilities (mental or physical) as not 'normal'. This is rubbish. What is normal? Is there even such a thing? We all have our own personalities and differences, this is what makes us unique! We should be proud of this. I know that my dad certainly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment